Roofing System Adhesive Eliminates Odor, Emissions - GenFlex Roofing Systems - Facility Management Product Release
GenFlex Roofing Systems introduces GenFlex EPDM Solvent-Free Bonding Adhesive. The innovative new adhesive offers single-sided, wet lay application for fast installation, with near-zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and no odor.
The solvent-free adhesive formulation allows contractors to mate the membrane as soon as it has been applied. There is no need to wait for flash-off and no mixing is necessary. The EPDM Solvent-Free Bonding Adhesive also has a 50 percent greater coverage rate than competitors – adding up to significant time savings during installation.
“GenFlex works to make roofing contractors more productive on the job, and confident in their work,” says Michael Sexton, technical manager at GenFlex. “The EPDM Solvent-Free Bonding Adhesive does just that, with a potential installation time up to 10 times faster than traditional adhesives. It cuts time and labor costs, without cutting any corners on superior installed performance.”
With near-zero VOCs and none of the odor associated with chemical emissions, GenFlex EPDM Solvent-Free Bonding Adhesive addresses tougher building standards on VOCs and air quality concerns that have led the construction industry to emphasize healthier, “greener” building products.
“Look at the sectors of non-residential construction that are growing the most – commercial offices, hotels, healthcare and education facilities,” says Sexton, referencing the recent American Institute of Architects Consensus Construction Forecast and other industry experts.
“These are areas where schedules are demanding, and it’s not profitable or even possible to clear out a facility while a roofing retrofit or repair is underway. With no VOC emissions or odors, our Solvent-Free Bonding Adhesive makes it safe and easy to install EPDM membrane on an occupied building – and get the job done faster.”
Benefits of the GenFlex EPDM Solvent-Free Bonding Adhesive include:
• Single-sided, wet lay application, which allows contractors to mate the membrane as soon as the adhesive has been applied.
• No solvents, resulting in near zero volatile organic compounds.
• Coverage rate of 120-150 sq. ft. per gallon.
• Can be applied immediately and will always hold a uniformed mixture.
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- Staffing and Security: Successful Roof Replacement Projects
- Roof System Selection: Ensuring Successful Roof Replacements
- High-Level Decisions: Successful Roof Replacements