- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Building Technician »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
Roof Coating Designed for Specialty Fabric and Leather-Hide Applications - APV Engineered Coatings - Facility Management Product Release
APV Engineered Coatings
VYNGUARD, a line of premium, high-performance coatings and finishes for long-term performance, is now available for specialty fabric and leather hide applications. The line — originally launched for use with non-woven, vinyl substrates — includes seven base chemistries the company custom-formulates for each customer.
As part of the product re-launch, the company has made substantial improvements to its unique
VYNGUARD Polycarbonate formulation. Thanks to a custom-developed polymer, VYNGUARD
Polycarbonate now has improved abrasion resistance, improved surface tension for a softer and smoother finish, and additional UV inhibitors. It also provides exceptional dirt shedding and stain
resistance for applications such as rolled decking, awning material and high-end wall coverings.
Available in solvent- or water-based, VYNGUARD chemistries provide an easy-to-apply clear, protective layer that can mitigate 100 percent of plasticizer from migrating through the surface. They exceed industry standards for UV resistance, dirt shedding, moisture resistance, severe stain protection and fungal resistance, depending on the chemistry. Colored topcoats or print ink formulations are made with specialty grade inorganic pigments for superior color fastness. They have long coating lifecycles and provide high-definition print reception, superior dot gain properties and excellent adhesion.
“VYNGUARD has become quite popular in the specialty fabrics industry thanks to its proven performance and our custom development services,” says Mike Couchie, vice president, Sales & Marketing, APV Engineered Coatings. “This is not an off-the-shelf product. We formulate our chemistry and adjust its performance properties to meet each customer’s exact specification. We also help our customers integrate our chemistries into their manufacturing processes, assist with product trials, design and install application equipment and offer guidance on existing processes.”
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- When Hurricanes Strike Will Your Building Be Prepared?
- How to Choose the Most Effective Roof Coating
- To Recoat or Reroof: How to Make a Smart Roofing Decision