- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Director »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- ELECTRICIAN »
Roof Cap Sheet - Johns Manville - Facility Management Product Release
GlasKap CR mineral-surfaced, white acrylic-coated, fiber-glass cap sheet used as the uppermost finish ply in a variety of built-up and hybrid SBS roofing systems. The ultraviolet-resistant coating provides extra protection to the membrane and underlying asphalt.
It provides a reflective, emissive surface that complies with California’s Title 24 through the Standard Prescriptive Approach. It has a reflectivity rating at 0.76 and an emissivity rating of 0.85.
GlasKap CR also qualifies for the Energy Star label and LEED points and is UL and FM rated for both fire and wind uplift.
The greater reflectivity and emissivity of GlasKap CR means that the roof stays cooler, resulting in lower energy consumption and reduced demand during peak periods.
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- The Resilience Benefits of Cool Roofing
- A Warming World Needs Cool Roofing
- Understanding Maintenance Requirements for Roof Coatings Systems