- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Senior Project Manager (Electrical & Tech) »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- Head Gardener »
- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
Roof Cap Sheet - CertainTeed Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
Flintglas mineral surfaced cap sheet with CoolStar energy-saving reflective surface is designed to reduce the amount of heat absorbed by roofing materials and help lower energy costs. It is rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council; is California Title 24, Part 6 compliant; and meets initial Energy Star requirements as a cap sheet for use over inorganic and organic built-up roofing systems.
The brilliant white, acrylic-based CoolStar coating has an initial solar reflectance of 0.77 and a thermal emittance of 0.92. It is factory-applied to the Flintglas cap sheet, which features weathering-grade asphalt mixed with white ceramic granules. It is designed to adapt to the natural movements of the roof.
CoolStar touch-up coating is available for touch-up projects. It has been tested to perform with a single coat application.
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- Roofing Problems Plague Nation’s K-12 Schools
- How to Choose the Most Effective Roof Coating
- When Hurricanes Strike Will Your Building Be Prepared?