- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
- Senior Project Manager (Electrical & Tech) »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
Internet of Things App Enhances Safety Measures in Commercial Office Buildings - Kastle Systems - Facility Management Product Release
Kastle Systems released a suite of Internet of Things (IoT) applications and personalized services that redefine how workers, administrators, and visitors interact with and understand commercial workplaces.
KastlePresence leverages mobile phones, access control technology, and location-aware beacons to deliver services to an individual. KastlePresence, at its core, is the newest and most convenient way to enter a secure space — an entirely new hands-free access experience that lets users unlock doors just by approaching them.
KastlePresence also ushers in near-real-time occupancy data and location-based services to revolutionize what property managers and tenants understand to better utilize their spaces and inform other systems. A network of Bluetooth sensors combined with the latest in data privacy best practices delivers unprecedented real-time facility usage data and geo-fenced services including amenity availability, building user notifications, and insights in the form of occupancy data.
KastlePresence goes beyond traditional perimeter security through a breakthrough personal security feature called KastleAlert. KastleAlert is a personalized mobile panic button built on Kastle Systems’ best-in-class, award-winning security infrastructure. It allows users to signal for help via Kastle’s two-way Bluetooth network, which can be economically extended into garages and other locations with weak cellular or wireless coverage.
“Phones unlock doors, but location-aware services are what make KastlePresence most valuable to the individual and to property owners and managers,” says Kastle Systems EVP, Brian Eckert. “This new approach is transforming experiences and supplying new data in every industry today, and will change the business of and everyday experience in commercial real estate. We started the KastlePresence journey by listening to what our customers wanted, then prioritizing the features that mattered most. This is an exciting time for our company and our industry, where mobile technology can truly connect users to the work environment.”
For more insights on the products, technology, benefits and challenges of the Building Internet of Things, visit www.FacilitiesNet.com/IoT
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- Touchless Fixtures Prepare Buildings for a Safe Return
- Can Smart Buildings Outsmart Hackers?
- Pandemic Temperature Checking Process Boosts Efficiency
- "Crisis Architecture" Improves Odds of Surviving Active Shooters
- "It's Like Terminator!": How Hunter Drones Can Prevent Drone Attacks
- Access Control Testing