- Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA »
- JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
Paint Brand Introduces Improved Formula for Low VOC - PPG Paints - Facility Management Product Release
The PPG Paints brand recently introduced the next generation of the less than 50 grams per liter volatile organic compound (VOC) version of Break-Through! interior and exterior waterborne acrylic paint. One of the PPG Paints brand’s most popular products, Break-Through! paint offers a unique and versatile technology that provides excellent adhesion, hardness and block resistance to a variety of residential and commercial surfaces such as floors, trim, cabinets, railings, shelving and equipment, as well as metal, wood, concrete, fiberglass, laminate and many plastics. In addition, the product provides a flexible and smooth, virtually brush-free finish that withstands cracking and peeling.
“The Break-Through! product is a unique coating, and we’re excited to provide professional specifiers, managers and applicators with this industry-leading low-VOC product technology that offers a solution to various project-, facilities-, time- and substrate-related challenges,” says John Salvadore, senior marketing manager, PPG Paints brand.
The application improvements for the less than 50 grams per liter VOC Break-Through! formula include:
● Slightly higher viscosity for easier handling;
● Improved sag resistance, resulting in a more even finish;
● Improved flow and leveling, providing an enamel-smooth finish with fewer brush marks;
● Quick drying time of 17 to 20 minutes to touch, two hours for recoat, resulting in less downtime and quicker job completion; and
● Slightly more “open time,” or time that paint is wet enough for a brush to move through it, giving pros a longer time frame to fix brush marks or drips.
- Paint That Lasts Through Thick and Thin
- Healthier Paints Mean Healthier Interiors
- Comparing Two Popular Fire-Resistant Coatings
- Art Inspiring New Discussions at London Behavioral Healthcare Facility
- Assessing the Performance of Green Paints
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors