- Director of Facilities - MCA Chicago »
- Custodial Assistant »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Facilities Property Coordinator »
- General Manager, Facilities Management »
Middleware Application - SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC - Facility Management Product Release
Clinical Environment Optimization solution, delivered as an application for Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare Building Operation software, integrates hospitals’ clinical infrastructure with its facility infrastructure to drive innovation at every level of the organization and deliver new opportunities for energy savings, staff productivity and patient satisfaction.
The Clinical Environment Optimization solution creates interoperability between a hospital’s building management system (BMS) and its clinical scheduling, housekeeping and admission, discharge and transfer systems. It shares the occupancy status of patient rooms and operating theaters with the hospital’s BMS through the Health Level-7 (HL7) interface. The BMS then sets rooms to predetermined set points for HVAC and lighting during vacancy to achieve energy savings during unoccupied times. The BMS puts the room back into normal operation when it receives a notification that the patient will be returning or when a room has been assigned to maintain the optimal environment for patient healing and satisfaction.
Key benefits of the Clinical Environment Optimization solution include:
• Energy savings – Facility managers can reduce energy use in rooms that are vacant or unoccupied for long periods of time and make more informed decisions about how to best manage room conditions.
• Improved staff productivity – Maintenance and cleaning staff gain productivity by knowing when they can schedule work in patient rooms conveniently and efficiently when rooms are unoccupied.
• Enhanced patient satisfaction – Patients have the ability to specify their preferred room temperature during the admission process or control it themselves from their room via a mobile app.
Additional features of the Clinical Environment Optimization solution include:
• Easy to understand user interface which allows quick access to room status, reset or synchronize functionality
• Quick setup through configuration tool
• Ability to set preferred set points at time of patient registration
• Ability to set maximum light level for unoccupied rooms
• Fail-safe feature that allows facility managers to set rooms to guarantee patient comfort
• HIPAA compliance, as no patient-specific information is retained
• Support for multiple HL7 data sources with scheduling capability
• Support for single buildings, campuses or large enterprise-level healthcare networks
- Smart Buildings: Digital Strategy Leads to Frictionless Experience
- 3 Crucial Aspects of the Frictionless Smart Building
- 4 Building Analytics Strategies for COVID-19 Building Operations
- Alarm Fatigue: FDD Failure At Cleveland Fertility Clinic Has Devastating Results
- Analytics, Fault Detection Improve Building Automation Capabilities
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things