- HVAC Mechanic/General Maintenance Technician »
- Grounds Supervisor »
- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Plumber and Steamfitter »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
Metal Roof System Helps Prevent Wind Uplift - The Garland Co. Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The R-Mer Shield structural standing seam roof system boasts a patent-pending 2-inch high vertical seam with an extruded aluminum clip and top rail system that provide unrivaled wind uplift performance, ensuring watertight protection even in the harshest environments. Its symmetrically designed panel and cap allows for easy installation and provides flexibility during multiple phases of new construction, replacement or retrofit.
This innovative, high-performance metal roof system can span over open purlins on slopes down to ¼:12, making it ideal for retrofits over existing-ply roofs, built-up roofs, modified bitumen roofs and existing metal roof systems. The system design also provides a ½-inch clearance between the panel and substrate to increase ventilation beneath the panel.
Additional benefits include a heavy-duty one-piece clip and top rail that provide unlimited thermal movement as well as a double bead of factory-applied seam sealant that is completely isolated from the clip.
“The development of this innovative product further solidifies Garland’s commitment to continue providing its customers with high quality, performance-driven products designed for long-term use,” says Tom Diamond, P.E., product manager. “R-Mer Shield provides unbeatable wind uplift performance, providing watertight protection even in the harshest weather conditions.”
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- How to Select the Right Cool Roof
- How to Use the CRRC Database to Select Cool Roofs and Walls
- Roofing Projects Face Complex Challenges