Machine Cleans HVAC Systems' Cooling Towers - Goodway Technologies Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
The TFC-200 Tower Fill Cleaner provides a complete all-in-one system for cleaning lime scale, debris and biological matter from cooling tower fill. The unit combines chemical solutions and pump technology to dissolve scale deposits, increase water flow and slow dangerous biological build up.
Removing scale is a three step process that is as easy as performing an initial rinse, applying Goodway’s ScaleBreak®- Gel cleaner which penetrated the fill and then switches to the turbo nozzle high volume mode to rinse away the foam and debris. There’s no need to remove fill; the TFC-200 is a clean in place solution that can be done at the tower location. Towers are left looking great and performing even better.
“Cooling tower maintenance can often be overlooked or viewed as labor and time intensive, so we’ve designed a solution that makes it easier and more convenient to perform proper cleaning and improve the appearance of the cooling tower fill,” said Tim Kane, president of Goodway Technologies. “Routine maintenance impacts your bottom line by increasing efficiencies, reducing energy costs and lowering the chances that your system will shut down or need repairs. It’s as simple as keeping it clean and we have a solution to make it easier.”
There are also potential health implications by choosing not to perform cleaning on the cooling tower. Systems that are dirty are more likely to harbor deadly bacteria such as Legionella. It’s an important reason to clean cooling towers at least twice a year and visually inspect equipment on a monthly basis.
The TFC-200 will help reduce these health risks and achieve maximum cooling tower performance. Features of the TFC-200 include:
- All-in-one system, compact and portable, can be used virtually anywhere
- Designed to use TowerShine® or ScaleBreak-Gel, the unique scale cleaner that clings to all surfaces for maximum scale busting performance
- Includes all wand extensions and nozzles for hard-to-reach areas
- Heavy-duty, chemical resistant components and dolly
- Internal compartment holds one standard 5-gallon chemical container
- Hose, wand and tool holders
- Understanding Options for HVAC Technician Training
- Cleaning Strategies for Healthy Workplaces During Coronavirus Pandemic
- How To Build Buy-In for HVAC Training
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation