- Asst. Vice President, Facilities & Operations »
- Director of Facilities »
- Director, Space Management & Planning »
- Facilities Manager »
- Assistant Director -Logistics and Contracts »
Key Control System Preempts Individual Key Separation - Tether Technologies - Facility Management Product Release
Tether Technologies’ Gravity is the first and only industrial-grade, digital tethering solution that automatically preempts master key separation and loss with absolute reliability.
Gravity doesn’t find access cards/keys, because they are never lost in the first place. Gravity tethers your cards/keys by using an electronic signal that works as a 5-7 step, mobile barrier around the worker. Upon breaching this radius, Gravity’s unique alarm, vibration and strobe light are triggered.
Top features and benefits
• Preemptive: As workers do their job, Gravity does its magic ensuring cards/keys are always kept close at hand.
• Ease-of-Use: Press on the key unit’s thumb release button and return it to the belt unit with a simple click and snap.
• Three Way Separation Alarm: When keys separate, the alert is instant and foolproof. Belt and key units emit unique alarms based on feel (vibration of belt unit), audio (chirp and louder 85 dB alarm on key unit), and visual (strobe on key unit).
• Industrial-Grade Quality: Gravity is designed for industrial environments with usability in mind. The vibration feature can be felt through heavy utility belts and the 85 dB audio alarm can be heard in loud environments. Gravity runs on standard AAA batteries with an average life of six months. Once batteries reach 20 percent capacity, a warning chirp alerts users that they need to be replaced.
• Scalability: Multiple Gravity units can work in close proximity to one another because each key unit is uniquely married to its belt unit via an RF signal generator.
• Storability: The key unit can be placed in a low-power state for off-shift storage within an access control cabinet. Removal from storage without re-holster to a belt unit causes alarm.
• ROI: Prevent one key loss event from happening and the Gravity has paid for itself.
For more insights on the products, technology, benefits and challenges of the Building Internet of Things, visit www.FacilitiesNet.com/IoT
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- Can Smart Buildings Outsmart Hackers?
- Pandemic Temperature Checking Process Boosts Efficiency
- How to Implement Effective Security Technology
- "Crisis Architecture" Improves Odds of Surviving Active Shooters
- "It's Like Terminator!": How Hunter Drones Can Prevent Drone Attacks
- Access Control Testing