Heavy-Duty Utility Vehicle Helps Improve Worker Efficiency - Jacobsen, a Textron Co. - Facility Management Product Release
Serving as a replacement for the venerable Cushman® Turf-Truckster®, the turf industry’s original heavy-duty utility vehicle, the all-new Jacobsen Truckster XD sets new standards for capacity, power, strength and comfort.
For starters, the new Truckster XD boasts a massive, class-leading 3,550-pound standard payload capacity, supported by the toughest bed in the industry, with steel up to 75 percent thicker than comparable boxes and 20 percent more volume.
The gas-model vehicle provides 32.5 horsepower (hp) and 51.6 feet/pounds of torque and the diesel 24.8 hp and 52.7 feet/pounds of torque.
Although the new Truckster XD was built to handle the daily rigors of a maintenance crew, Jacobsen engineers also put a priority on comfort, giving the cabin 25 percent more room than the competition.
“When we started this project, the first thing we did was ask hundreds of superintendents and sports field managers what they wanted from a heavy-duty utility vehicle,” says Chris Fox, Product Manager for Jacobsen. “The feedback was unanimous: they told us they wanted a truck with more capacity, power and comfort. Nothing on the market was able to fulfill their needs properly. Based on the extensive field testing and feedback we’ve received over the past year, we’ve delivered exactly what turf professionals asked for.”
“We have two main goals with this new vehicle: to make turf managers’ jobs easier and to satisfy their unmet needs,” says David Withers, President of Jacobsen. “When you look at what is currently available on the market today, there’s nothing as tough, powerful or comfortable as the Jacobsen Truckster XD. As a result, it will serve as a game changer in the heavy duty utility vehicle category.”
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- How to Fine-Tune the Mower Specification Process
- Equipment Inspection, Training Key to Snow and Ice Management Success
- Cold-Weather Considerations: Preparing for Winter’s Worst
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today