Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Glass Stabilizer - The Dow Chemical Co. - Facility Management Product Release
Broken Glass Stabilizer from Dow is proprietary polymeric foam used to stabilize broken glass and initially developed for hurricane-prone areas. The foam agent provides users with a water-resistant and weather-tight, impact-resistant seal that secures glass in seconds, helps reduce the risk of injury and time-consuming glass clean-up, and provides a more cost-effective option than plywood fabrication.
The kits come in two sizes: The BGS-240 kit yields 240 sq. ft. of coverage at a half-inch thickness. The BGS-24 Kit yields 24 square feet of coverage at a half-inch thickness. Both kits come with a selection of spray nozzles. The two primary chemicals in the kit come in separate pressurized containers that are inserted by the user into the holsters of a specialized mixing gun. When sprayed with the mixing gun, the materials from the two containers combine to produce a highly adhesive, yellowish foam.
- General Window Maintenance Tips: What To Look For
- How Window Security Film Works
- Solar Window Films As An Energy Efficient Retrofit
- Window Ratings: The Key to Understanding Window Efficiency
- How Cool Walls Help Whole-Building Energy Efficiency
- How Façade Inspection Leads to Damage Repair
- Requirements for a Façade Inspection
- AAMA Releases Standard for Determining Thermal Performance in Commercial Buildings
- Build Walls Right The First Time
- Chameleon Panels Could Help Buildings Manage Light and Heat