Gateway - Dell - Facility Management Product Release
The Dell Edge Gateway 3000 Series offers customers flexibility, connectivity and real-time intelligence from harsh environments and small spaces. The 3000 Series includes three unique models targeted specifically for use cases and embedded solutions in the industrial automation, energy, transportation, and digital signage markets. With these new Edge Gateways, customers will be able to securely transfer and analyze important data at the edge of the network to glean real-time intelligence from the physical world. Ideal deployments include digital signs in an elevator or inside of the HVAC units on a roof-top of a casino.
Customers are looking for faster, real-time analysis of the massive amount of data produced by devices on their networks, to perform immediate, smart decision-making. For some, it's too expensive to move all the data from the edge of the network near the devices to the data center. Computing at the edge helps determine which data sets are interesting, relevant and need to be sent back to the data center or the cloud for further analytics and longer term storage, saving bandwidth and reducing costs and security concerns. Dell offers a complete edge to core to cloud portfolio of infrastructure for Industrial IoT solutions that includes everything from Edge Gateways, security and manageability solutions, data center infrastructure and connectivity.
The Gateway 3000 Series comes with the Dell Command Suite and an optional upgrade to remote manageability through Dell's Edge Device Manager, allowing customers to manage all their Dell IoT devices through a single tool.
The Industrial Automation and Energy Management Model (3001) features multi-function I/O port and programmable serial ports (RS-485/422/232). The Digital Signage and Retail Model (3003) features display port output for video displays (2560x1600) and 3.5mm line in/line out for quality audio streaming.
All models include:
• Intel Atom processor
• 2 GB RAM and 8 GB eMMC storage (32 GB and SD card for additional storage options)
• Ethernet, USB, certified for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE
• Integrated 3G or 4G LTE cellular options for select countries
• Support for hot or cold operating temperature extremes from -30C to 70C
• Integrated digital GPS, accelerometers, and atmospheric pressure sensors
• Support for a wide input power range from 12-57 VDC (with vehicle transient voltage protection)
• Ability to be powered via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
• An ignition pin for easy operation while connected to a battery powered device
While each gateway model is designed to meet core needs in its respective target market, the 3000 Series is suitable to many other industries and use cases. Additional I/O needs can be addressed via third party USB dongles and distributed I/O options as required.
Accessories are also available. A mounting ecosystem for placement in locations like a factory wall DIN rail or under the hood of an 18-wheeler using the available panel mount bracket that also includes cable retention. Several antennas are also certified to match the integrated wireless capabilities as well as expandable storage up to 64GB via SD card.
The rugged 3000 Series is complementary to its big brother, the 5000 Series, which is designed to excel in fixed use cases that require modular expansion, large sensor networks and more advanced edge analytics. The 3000 Series is ideal for both fixed and mobile use cases requiring smaller sensor networks, tight spaces and more simple analytics.
- 3 Crucial Aspects of the Frictionless Smart Building
- Smart Buildings: Digital Strategy Leads to Frictionless Experience
- 4 Building Analytics Strategies for COVID-19 Building Operations
- Alarm Fatigue: FDD Failure At Cleveland Fertility Clinic Has Devastating Results
- Analytics, Fault Detection Improve Building Automation Capabilities
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things