Alerts and timely updates on education and technologies to help facilities management professionals
Emergency Response - Prepared Response - Facility Management Product Release
GuideSafe is Web-based system that gives building owners and tenants instant access to procedures for dealing with emergency incidents ranging from broken water pipes, fires, and earthquakes to violent intruders and terrorist incidents. Tenants simply click a red icon on their computer desktops to instantly access basic safety procedures specific to the building. The safety instructions, which can be customized by facility executives, provide simple instructions of “what-to-do” until help arrives.
The system provides an audit trail to demonstrate efforts to communicate and distribute tenant safety procedures.
The system also allows facility executives to communicate status updates to tenants during emergencies such as power outages; send notifications to all tenants; add emergency procedures specific to each building; add supplementary documents; view and manage all buildings in one screen display; update information as changes occur; schedule and notify tenants of drills and events; view statistics about how often tenants view various emergency procedures; provide reporting of when procedures were last updated and e-mailed; and provide an audit trail of all drills and notifications.
No software is purchased or downloaded; the system is accessed via the Web and data can be updated at all times by property managers via any Internet browser. Building data is stored in back-up-protected off-site locations.
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- H1N1 Facts: What Facility Managers Need To Know About Swine Flu
- How to Implement New Technologies Into Emergency Communication
- How Technology is Changing Emergency Communication
- Emergency Preparedness Requirements in NFPA 3000
- 5 Steps To Evaluating Sites For Critical Facilities
- 8,400 Buildings Destroyed in California Fires
- Accessibility: Planning for Emergencies