Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- Building Services Officer »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
- Director of College Facilities »
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
Elevator Destination Management System - Otis - Facility Management Product Release
The Otis CompassPlus destination management system can be installed before or during an elevator modernization project, providing increased passenger efficiency, seamless security integration and a new customizable, contemporary design. Elevators of many makes and models, including non-Otis products, can benefit from Otis innovative and customizable technology at any stage of a modernization project.
The system gets passengers to their destinations as much as 50 percent faster than conventional dispatching systems. It also works seamlessly with the building’s security system to manage floor access.
The passenger interface for the CompassPlus touchscreens and touchpads is a stylish, intuitive system. The user interface can be customized to meet each building’s design needs.
Using SmartGrouping technology, CompassPlus destination dispatching organizes passengers by destination to get them there faster with fewer stops. Passengers going to the same floor are assigned to the same elevator, and Otis’ SmartGrouping technology also assigns elevators to serve adjacent floors. The CompassPlus system directs elevators where they are needed, eliminates duplicative stops, and puts elevators in standby mode when not needed — delivering passengers to their desired floors more efficiently and measurably reducing overall energy consumption. Otis can provide specific improvement scenarios for any building with OtisPlan+ simulations.
In addition, the CompassPlus system can integrate with the building security system including those offered by Chubb, Lenel and Edwards, Otis sister companies and leaders in the building security industry, to limit floor access to tenants and visitors with the proper credentials.
- Eliminating In-Cab Elevator Controls
- Maintenance Tips For Elevator Controls
- What The Elevator Code Says About Fires
- Making Elevator Modernization Decisions
- Evaluating Existing Elevator System
- Retrofitting Elevators for Energy Efficiency: Pros and Cons
- 10 Steps to Prepare Elevators for Hazardous Weather
- AC Motors One Way to Cut Elevators’ Energy Use
- Are Elevators the Next Smart Items for Facility and Maintenance Managers?