Elastomeric Roof Coating Provides Protection for Low-Slope Roofs - GAF Materials Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
WeatherCote™ is a water-based acrylic roof coating that provides a durable, protective weathering layer for low-slope roofs. The coating is highly reflective, directing heat and ultraviolet rays away from the building. With an 88 percent initial reflectivity, it reduces wear and tear on the membrane below as well as lowers the temperature inside the building, saving energy costs during summer months.
Offering many benefits to both the contractor and building owner, WeatherCote™ adheres to a variety of substrates including granulated built up roof membranes, SBS modified bitumen and APP, metal, wood, and concrete, and can be applied by spray, roller, or brush. The product is water-based and has low volatile organic compounds amounts, making it approved for use even in states with tough UV standards, and is Energy Star rated in the United States.
“We are always evaluating the needs of our customers — both contractors and property owners — as we develop new products,” says Lee Martucci, senior product manager at GAF. “Our new brand to the GAF coatings line, WeatherCote™ Elastomeric Coating, offers many benefits, including an economical price, quality, and energy savings.”
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- 4 Types of Roof Coatings: How to Pick the Best for Your Facility
- Roof Coatings Come of Age
- Staffing and Security: Successful Roof Replacement Projects