- Grounds Supervisor »
- Facilities Support Specialist »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Director of Facilities »
Dehumidification System - Lennox Industries Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Humiditrol dehumidification system uses a hot gas reheat design to remove moisture based on relative humidity levels without affecting room temperature. The system provides up to eight times the moisture removal capability of a standard rooftop unit.
The system is controlled by the Integrated Modular Controller, which initiates dehumidification when the room temperature is satisfactory but humidity is above the desired set point. The fans and compressors are started and both the reheat and evaporator coils are activated. The mixed indoor/outdoor air is cooled and dehumidified as it passes through the evaporator coil. The cooled and dehumidified air is heated back to near room temperature as it passes through the hot-gas reheat coil.
The controller is activated based on input from humidity sensor, dehumidistat or third-party automation. Humidity can be monitored and controlled at the unit with the controller, with the company’s L Connection Network through the network control panel or from a computer or remote location with the L Connection network software.
The 3-way valve and check value are easily accessible in the unit’s compressor section. The system add-on board is located on the controller. Reheat coil is installed downstream next to the evaporator coil and is accessible through tool-less access panels.
The system is available only on the company’s L Series® and S-Class™ premium rooftop units.
- How to Choose the Proper Filter for Packaged Rooftop Units
- What You Need to Know About Economizers
- 4 HVAC Strategies to Still Protect Against COVID-19
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation