- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- Campus Operations Manager »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
- Building Technician »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
Data Center Thermal Management - Degree Controls - Facility Management Product Release
The HotSpotr HT-500 from Degree Controls is an under-floor air mover for effective thermal management in data centers. It offers true “Localized Thermal Intelligence” by automatically adjusting airflow in front of a rack or groups of racks in the event of thermal rise due to poor airflow, rack density, or cooling system failures. Installation does not require server downtime or rack movement, and can be done in about a half hour, according to the company.
The system uses the data center’s existing cold air infrastructure and installs beneath conventional 2- by 2-foot perforated floor tiles wherever additional thermal management is required. Thermostatic control allows the HT-500 to sense changes in rack intake temperatures, and the system can notify IT professionals of a thermal problem via alarms or automatic text or email messaging.
- Adsorbent Air Cleaning: A New Way To Think About Ventilation
- Addressing Ventilation, Filtration, and Water System Concerns
- Back in Business: Minimizing Spread of Disease Remains Priority
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation