- Senior Director of Facilities »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
Cooling Tower Motor and Drive - Baldor Electric Co. - Facility Management Product Release
The adjustable-speed direct-drive cooling-tower motor and drive system is designed for retrofits or new tower designs. A labyrinth bearing isolator and flinger prevents water ingress along the motor shaft, while condensation drains relieve moisture that might collect inside the motor. The VS1 drive is designed to work with the cooling-tower motor to provide easy start-ups. The drive uses sensorless algorithms to accomplish smooth, low-speed operation. The drive supports multiple protocols, so it can communicate seamlessly with most building automation systems.
- For HVAC Efficiency, Reach Higher Than the Low-Hanging Fruit
- HVAC Strategies for Higher Education During the Pandemic
- Case Study Shows HVAC Optimization Success
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation