Chiller Refrigerant Purger - Redi Controls Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Oil, acid and moisture purgers are designed for chillers with refrigerant charges less than 4000 pounds. Oil separation and refrigerant cleaning is accomplished via a process that uses gravity, heat and pressure, and does not use mechanical pumps.
The device continually draws off a small quantity of chiller refrigerant, typically 10 to 20 pounds at a time. The refrigerant is then distilled back to the chiller, leaving the oil behind. The recovered oil is returned to the chiller's oil sump. Acids and moisture are also removed from the refrigerant and oil during the process.
- In California, 2024 Looms Large for Facility Managers
- Alternative Refrigerants: What Can Facility Managers Do?
- Forever Changed: The Pandemic's True Influence on Buildings
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation