Chiller Portfolio Reduces Impact on Environment - Trane - Facility Management Product Release
The Sintesis™ portfolio of products is designed to lower environmental impact with next-generation, low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants and high-efficiency operation.
“With the availability of this portfolio, Ingersoll Rand is acting upon our commitment to significantly increase energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact from our operations and product portfolio by 2020,” says Dave Regnery, President, HVAC Commercial, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, for Ingersoll Rand. “Through the new, expanded Sintesis chiller portfolio, Trane now offers building owners and businesses more choices regarding how and when to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.”
Sintesis chillers offer customers a choice to use either R-134a or DuPont Opteon® XP10 (R-513A), a next-generation, low-GWP refrigerant to address sustainability objectives. The portfolio provides:
• Achieves industry leading Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)
• Uses up to 40 percent less refrigerant than traditional tube/fin and flooded heat exchanger technology due to the micro-channel condenser coil and the compact, high-performance, integrated, low charge (CHIL) evaporator design.
• Reduces noise and improves acoustics through its factory-installed acoustic treatments for consistent, quiet operation to meet specific application requirements. A user-selectable noise-reduction mode is also available to help comply with nighttime and weekend neighborhood noise restrictions. Acoustic packages deliver amongst the quietest operations in the market adhering to noise level regulations while improving further the efficiency.
“Sintesis chillers are designed to deliver energy efficiency and offer choices with a variety of options to meet specific needs,” says Jeff Moe, applied portfolio business leader for Trane Commercial. “Efficiency and acoustic combinations prove the versatility of the Trane Sintesis and make it suitable for every purpose and building application including comfort, and process cooling, all year round and all around the globe.”
Next-generation integrated controls offer a simple user interface that is standard on every Sintesis chiller, delivering efficiency and performance advantages. The Tracer AdaptiView™ chiller controls feature a 7-inch color touch-screen display for at-a-glance status and intuitive navigation for simplified operation.
Proven control strategies such as integrated temperature and flow logic respond to a wide variety of conditions and maintain reliable, efficient chiller operation. Adaptive Control™ keeps the chiller working efficiently in extreme conditions — even under a building automation system failure — for continued reliable operation when it is needed most. The control set up of Sintesis chillers offers a unique ice storage feature for cooling during peak demand.
In the U.S. 115-500-ton Sintesis chillers will be available throughout the year, starting with the 115- to 215-ton models.
- How to Plan HVAC Systems for Long-Term Performance
- Understanding Options for HVAC Technician Training
- Cleaning Strategies for Healthy Workplaces During Coronavirus Pandemic
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation