- HVAC MECHANIC II (Ft. Meade, MD) »
- Facility Manager at Colorado Nonprofit! »
- Assoc/Senior Eng (5-yr limited term) »
- Building Assistant »
- Sr. Facilities Project Manager, Construction »
Boilers and Water Heaters - Lochinvar Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
Advances to the company’s Power-Fin line of boilers and water heaters include higher turndown ratio, a standard internal cascading sequencer, and control upgrades designed to simplify installation, system set-up and troubleshooting.
Standard on Power-Fin 1500, 1700 and 2000 models (Btu inputs from 1.5 million to 2 million), the internal cascading sequencer eliminates the requirements of a separate third-party sequencer for installations of up to eight units. The internal sequencer simplifies creation of a cascading "lead/lag" system, in which the lead boiler or water heater controls the rotating operation and firing rate of up to seven additional units. This technology is well-suited for applications that experience broad fluctuations in demand.
New control technology includes:
• 2-line, 16-character LCD readout of set-up, status and diagnostic information displayed in words instead of codes.
• 0 - 10VDC BMS input, for integration into building management systems.
• 3-pump control capability for systems requiring a boiler pump, system pump and DHWP pump.
• Optional software for PC or Pocket PC, offers expanded capability for recording, tracking and analyzing system data.
The 5:1 turndown modulating performance is an improvement over the previous 4:1 turndown capability. These "5:1" units are now capable of firing from 100 percent down to 20 percent of rated input to match demand. Modulating operation helps save energy and prolongs the life of the appliance, by eliminating over-firing and excessive cycling. Additional features on Power-Fin 1500, 1700 and 2000 units include replaceable air filtration, outdoor reset on boiler models and a built-in tank sensor on water heater models.
The boilers and water heaters incorporate a gasketless copper-fin tube heat exchanger that delivers 87 percent thermal efficiency, a small footprint, and six different venting options including two-pipe direct vent.
- San Diego Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego Stays Cool
- How One Vanderbilt Raised IAQ Standards
- How to Address the HVAC Skilled Labor Shortage
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation