- Senior Director of Facilities »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Director »
- ELECTRICIAN »
Asphalt Sealant Offers Adhesion for Roof Surfaces - R.M. Lucas Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Lucas #5400 is a high‐performance, thermoplastic elastomer based roofing sealant. This multi‐purpose sealant has excellent adhesion to most surfaces including: asphalt, shingles, modified bitumen, metal, Kynar®, wood, concrete, tile, masonry and other roofing materials. It is available in three grades: Brush Grade, Trowel Grade, and Caulk Grade. The sealant is manufactured from ultraviolet stable SEBS thermoplastic elastomers
while the asphalt portion of the formula provides excellent adhesion to asphaltic materials and other surfaces.
“The #5400 has excellent UV stability, will not crack or harden over time and is very easy to apply even in cold weather,” says Dennis Kelley, market manager for RM Lucas.
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- The Resilience Benefits of Cool Roofing
- A Warming World Needs Cool Roofing
- Understanding Maintenance Requirements for Roof Coatings Systems