- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- Facility Manager, Nome Alaska »
Five Smart Building Features Transforming Today's Workplace
September 20, 2017 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Leaders throughout the commercial real estate world are tuning in ever more closely to smart building trends. The term “smart building” is loosely tossed around a lot, but it generally refers to network-enabled building management systems that help automate building operations.
These technologies, once considered revolutionary, are steadily becoming the norm in today’s premier office buildings.
For businesses searching for office space, it’s important to know that locating a smart building can have substantial benefits, including: lower costs, saving time, and simply promoting a greater sense of comfort and ease to employees (provided the building itself is equipped with the infrastructure to support these uses).
Here are five examples of web-enabled smart building features that can make a big impact on your office environment:
- Optimized HVAC Systems
- Managed Electricity Reductions
- Maximized Building Security
- Smart Sensors For Lighting
- Controlled Appliances From Remote Locations
READ MORE HERE
This Quick Read was submitted by Ryan Berlin, managing editor of Facility Maintenance Decisions, email@example.com. Read more about where building automation fits into the Iot and potential energy savings driving smart buildings