Thanks to an evolution in the manufacture of interior products, facility managers can create healthier environments by selecting paints, flooring and furnishings with lower VOC emissions, higher recycled content and materials that have less impact on the environment. Green cleaning has also emerged as a sound sustainable strategy. But without a clear strategy and a dedicated team, a sustainable interior initiative may fall short of the organization's overall vision for such an endeavor — what's worse, costs and timelines may suffer in the process.
This webcast provides a thorough discussion of the key elements needed for a successful sustainable interior project, from the early assessment stage to final move-in.
Learning objectives include:
- Evaluating the green attributes of interior products and creating standards
- What is an environmental product declaration (EPD)?
- Conducting a life-cycle analysis of sustainable furnishings and products
- Creating an effective project management plan and team
- Obtaining buy-in from upper management as well as facility staff and occupants
- Learn why the more specific the application, the better the user experience for FMs