New Content Updates
Educational Webcast Alerts
Building Products/Technology Notices
Access Exclusive Member Content
| Company information
BuildingIQ's 5i platform-enabled services deliver software plus expertise. Compared to previous approaches, the 5i platform and services provide a better building IoT solution for owner/operators due to its five pillar approach of data capture analysis, advanced modeling, measurement & verification, closed loop predictive control and expert human analysis. The platform could fuel growth for BuildingIQ and potential partners by providing a common technological underpinning for services and solutions that address market opportunities as they arise. The company’s extensible services can be deployed selectively to meet the needs of any building, are subscription-based and require little to no infrastructure changes to implement.
Navigant principal research analyst Casey Talon commented, “The human element is an extremely important piece to incorporate into an IoT-enabled intelligent building solution. The institutional knowledge of facilities staff can uncover the rationale behind the trends documented by the raw data. As the industry continues to grow and evolve, solutions that balance technological advancement with human engagement may be the most successful in transforming facilities into intelligent buildings to deliver significant business benefits.”
“The infrastructure and needs of buildings within a portfolio of properties can vary drastically from assets that are retired in place to state-of-the-art BMS implementations,” said Michael Nark, president & CEO of BuildingIQ. “With the unveiling of the BuildingIQ 5i platform, we are offering building owners and managers an ability to balance the sometimes opposed needs of energy optimization, operational efficiency, and tenant comfort – all on one platform. Services built on the platform work together synergistically, so owner/operators need not worry about BMS changes or market evolution. The 5i platform approach evolves with their needs.”
The 5i platform learns daily to provide an energy intelligence foundation for a building. As buildings evolve, so does the platform — accommodating new BMS, new feedback methodologies and sensors, and alternative generation such as solar and local storage.
BuildingIQ’s 5i platform and services use a holistic approach to meet the diverse needs of building owners – recognizing an increasingly difficult building system management environment, more demanding and sophisticated tenants, and the inherent enthalpy of large and complex building systems.
By leveraging a building’s internal data (occupancy comfort, building characteristics and meter data), external data (demand response signals, energy tariffs and weather forecasts), and 24/7 access to BuildingIQ’s expert team of operators, building engineers and data scientists, the 5i platform is able to deliver a unique blend of energy saving, operational efficiency and tenant comfort benefits. Current offerings within the 5i platform include:
• Facilities Worksite for fast work order ticket creation and simple, intuitive scheduling;
• Systems Enablement for professional services that upgrade HVAC control related infrastructure to enable buildings to perform to their full potential;
• HVAC Controls Retro-Commissioning for a full service HVAC controls tune-up;
• HVAC Continuous Commissioning for optimized HVAC controls and BMS performance;
• Comfort Command for outsourced hot/cold calls.
Measurement & Verification
• Energy Worksite for evaluation of energy initiatives through single point one-time or rolling baselines and consumption trending;
• Predictive Energy Advisor for customized, accurate, actionable, weather-normalized 24-hr forecasts delivered daily to your inbox;
• Automated M&V for a utility-grade, third party verified solution that eliminates the need for costly onsite consultants.
• Demand Response for managed energy curtailments that meet utility targets, while adhering to comfort commitments;
Predictive Energy Optimization for a learning, closed-loop service, informed with building expertise, that continually optimizes heating and cooling operations.
Content Category: Building Automation