- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Institute of Real Estate Management - Resource for Facility Managers
INSTITUTE OF REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
IREM has an extensive array of courses for every sort of real estate professional. Following is a listing of these courses. For information on course sites and dates, please visit the IREM web site at www.irem.org/, or call toll free at 800-837-0706, ext. 4405.
IREM COURSES AND SEMINARS - 100-Series Courses
- 101 - Successful Site Management
Improve your management skills, learn to market more strategically, improve leasing skills and resident retention, maintain and enhance your property's value.
- 102 - Successful Site Management of Public and Assisted Housing
- 103 - Successful Site Management for Public Housing Managers
- 104 - Housing Management for Nonprofits
- 201 - Introduction to Real Estate Management
- 202 - Introduction to Apartment Management
- 203 - Introduction to Commercial Property Management
Topics include effective techniques for marketing and leasing, the fundamentals of good property maintenance, sound principles of lease administration, and how to develop emergency procedures.
- 301 - Marketing and Management of Residential Property
- 302 - Leasing and Management of Office Buildings
Learn how to achieve owners' goals and objectives, enhance the value of your property, create and implement an aggressive marketing plan, establish a profitable rent structure, communicate with and motivate employees and tenants, inspect properties more effectively, and develop an emergency procedures plan. Home study is also an option.
- 303 - Management and Leasing of Shopping Centers and Retail Space
Learn how to accurately analyze trade areas for the greatest opportunities, optimize tenant mix, negotiate win-win leases, achieve owners' goals and objectives, enhance the value of your property, communicate with employees, understand and interpret financial statements.
- Managing Real Estate as an Investment
Learn to measure leverage and risk, perform break-even analyses, calculate amortization rates on different types of loans, determine market and investment value using discounted cash flow analysis, forecast and prepare long-range management plans to ensure future success.
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making for Real Estate Managers
Learn to maximize return on investment through effective management performance, strengthen your problem-solving and decision-making abilities, and improve your ability to present your analysis and recommendations more confidently.
- 701 - Managing the Management Company
Strengthen your strategic business planning processes, increase your understanding of your business's life cycle, analyze industry trends, set fees, negotiate contracts, and streamline your organizational structure.
- 702 - Advanced Management Practices and Techniques
Enhance your interpersonal skills, become a more effective delegator and decision-maker, motivate employees to increase productivity, and make more informed decisions about your firm's future.
- 800 - Ethics in Real Estate Management
- 810 - Managing Housing for the Elderly
- 815 - The ADA: What Real Estate Professionals Need to Do
- 820 - Managing Single-Family Homes and Small Residential Properties
- 830 - Before Disaster Strikes
- 835 - Starting a Successful Recycling Program
- 855 - Challenges of Community Association Management
- 875 - Implementing an IREM SMART Partners Program