- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- Facilities Director »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC's PUY-7 Outdoor Unit
Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS), the exclusive provider of Zoned Comfort Solutions and a leading supplier of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) heating and cooling systems, introduces a line of P-Series PUY-7 outdoor units for single-zone cooling. With the addition of front, side and rear wind baffles, PUY-7 outdoor units offer the enhanced ability to provide 100 percent rated cooling capacity down to -40 F outside air temperature.
PUY-7 models offer 24-hour continuous operation which make them ideal for critical cooling environments, such as equipment rooms and indoor agriculture settings. Additionally, the units offer noise reduction features contributing to an impressively low operating sound level of 44 dB(A). With the INVERTER-driven compressor and part-load operation, there’s no excess noise or energy wasted due to conventional start and stop cycles. The compressor is isolated in an insulated compartment and on rubber feet for vibration dampening and sound reduction. The PUY-7 offers other significant features and benefits such as:
- Support for twinning — two indoor units can be connected to one PUY-7 outdoor unit to condition a single, large zone
- Integrated compatibility with METUS indoor units equipped with multi-part filtration systems to reduce airborne contaminants like allergens
- Rated cooling capacity range in the lineup: 12,000 - 42,000 BTU/H
- Compatibility with a wide range of thermostats using the Thermostat Interface
- High-efficiency with SEER ratings ranging from 16.1 up to 27.0, depending on the outdoor model and the connected indoor unit
- Availability in 1 to 3.5-ton size options
PUY-7 outdoor units have a slim profile, small footprint and require minimal maintenance. Front panels provide easy access to main components and built-in self-diagnostics allow technicians to easily monitor the system with Maintenance Tool. Also, the unit’s wind baffles are durable, low maintenance and easy to install. For more information about the line of P-Series PUY-7 outdoor units, and other light commercial offerings from Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US, visit mitsubishipro.com.