- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- HVAC Mechanic/General Maintenance Technician »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Facilities Services Supervisor »
New Solar, Storage, ESCO ZIP-Level Data and Analytics Reduce Customer Acquisition Costs
Evaluating energy markets and utility customer energy use has just become a lot easier for energy-related product and service providers.
“Markets for all energy products and services are becoming more competitive putting a real premium on reducing customer acquisition costs,” said Dr. Jerry Jackson, president of Jackson Associates. “The new MAISY Utility Customer ZIP Profiler accesses MAISY Utility Customer Databases and provides analytics to help companies more accurately target geographic areas and customer characteristics that best fit their offerings. Companies with focused target markets and specialized messages find our market analytics especially useful. We recently provided target market data and customer qualification analytics in individual projects for storage, solar and solar/storage providers and, based on positive results, decided to expand our product offerings to provide the same data access and analytics for in-house use by other companies who are aggressively competing in these markets.
More detail on the MAISY Utility Customer ZIP Profiler is available at www.maisy.com/zipprofiler.htm .
The ZIP Profiler provides market characteristics for ZIP code areas, metro area ZIP codes or all ZIP areas in states for any set of user-selected customer characteristics. Data include number of utility customers, average kWh use, peak kW and hourly loads, and customer characteristics. Residential customer characteristics include income, dwelling unit size, demographics and other variables while commercial characteristics include floor space, business type, employees, operating hours and other variables.
The Profiler provides information for three different applications:
1. ZIP-based summaries. Selecting a ZIP code, combination of ZIP codes, metro area ZIP codes, or all ZIP areas in a state provides the number of customers and averages of all customer variables (e.g., annual and monthly energy use, hourly loads as well as income, demographics, etc. for residential and floor space, employees, etc. for commercial.
2. ZIP-based segment summaries. Selecting a geographic area along with customer variable ranges (e.g., income > $100,000, floor space >20,000 square feet) provides customer counts and customer variable averages for customers in those segments.
3. Individual customer energy use. Selecting a ZIP code along with actual customer characteristics returns kWh, kW and hourly loads estimates for that customer.
“This database/ software product differs from our existing products by providing a combination of the most useful customer variables, greater geographic coverage and granularity, along with market and customer analytics. The ZIP-Database product is embedded in an Excel workbook making it easy for users to explore market and customer data results with familiar Excel commands and to link results with other software.”