By the Numbers: Report Outlines Problems and Goals, Tracks Results
Making a successful case to building owners and executives for financial support
The A3 Report
Theme: What are we trying to do?
• Background of the problem
• Context required for full understanding
• Importance of the problem
• Diagram of current situation or process
• Highlight problems
• What about the system is not ideal?
• Extent of the problem
• List problems
• Most likely direct or root cause
• Diagram of proposed new process
• Measurable targets (i.e. quantity or time)
• What? Actions to be taken
• Who? Responsible person
• When? Times and dates
• Plan. How will you check the effects? When will you check them?
• Actual Results. In red ink or pencil. Date check done. Results compared to predicted results.
— Darrell Rounds