Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
REGIONAL HSE MANAGER CALIFORNIA - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Role: Facilities Executive
Apply at: Scott.email@example.com
REGIONAL HEALTH SAFETY ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER CALIFORNIA JD
The Regional Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) Manager is responsible for providing direction and support to Regional Operations for HSE management activities in their Region and for providing assistance to the Corporate Governance Group in the maintenance of C&W Services HSE management systems.
General responsibilities include support, implementation, monitoring C&W Services’ HSE compliance/conformance standards and management systems associated with C&W Services activities within the Region.
Providing quality, timely and professional subject matter expertise and business support in the implementation, monitoring and review of C&W Services HSE standards/systems to ensure that a safe, sustainable, efficient and legally compliant work environment is maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:**
• Support Operations deployment of C&W Services’ Corporate HSE Management System across the region, particularly HSE program implementation, to ensure safety is part of C&W Services’ day-to-day operations at each site in the region;
• Effectively communicate C&W Services’ safety culture and operating philosophies of Safety First and Zero Incident Service throughout their Region;
• Participate in Regional Risk Assessments, including: (a.) assessment of hazards/risks; (b.) identification of controls; (c.) consulting with site Operations to develop Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and; (d.) tracking and verifying completion of CAPs;
• Support deployment and maintenance of account/site HSE “Playbook” (HSE Management Plan), including providing advice and support to site Operational staff in establishing their Playbooks;
• Support senior Regional Operations management in the development and implementation of their annual Safety Improvement Plan (SIP);
• Ensure implementation of corporate incident management program. Review regional incident reports, investigations and resultant Corrective Action Plan (CAPs). Participate in Regional Incident Reviews (RIRs) and Significant Incident Reviews (SIRs), involving senior management in the incident review process;
• Support development and deployment of the Corporate HSE training and education program. Monitor and support Regional utilization of web-based LMS (Learning Management System);
• Periodically analyze regional HSE statistics and report on trends and recommend actions to improve regional HSE performance (Total Recordable Rate, Lost Time Rate);
• Submit monthly Regional HSE performance reports, including progress reports on both leading and lagging Key Performance Indicator (KPI);
• Support Workers’ Compensation (WC) claims tracking, investigation and management process. Liaise with WC Program Manager on injury management and early return-to-work policy.
• Respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs) for efforts related to HSE activities, including developing and maintaining documents for responding to RFPs specific to the Region;
• Support regional compliance with HSE record keeping requirements, including corporate and regulatory compliance program documentation (e.g., auditing, training, medical, and OSHA records);
• Coordinate with and participate in the Corporate HSE audit/inspection program;
• Report to Senior Regional Management on a scheduled, periodic basis and undertake relevant adhoc projects, initiatives, tasks as directed by the Regional VPO;
• Participation in periodic Corporate HSE planning meetings and develop action plans, as needed.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):**
***BILINGUAL (SPANISH) SPEAKING SKILLS ARE REQUIRED***
• BA/BS in Safety, Engineering or related sciences preferred;
• Occupational Health & Safety Certification (ASP, CSP or CIH) preferred;
• 5+ years of occupational HSE work experience within the facility services and/or building maintenance industry, with at least 3 years in a management role overseeing multiple sites;
• Working knowledge of risk recognition, assessment and control techniques;
• Demonstrable success in managing safety system across multiple accounts/sites;
• Subject Matter Expertise in relevant local, state and federal HSE regulations;
• Competency with incident investigation process and Corrective Action Plan implementation;
• Effective communication skills including verbal and report writing;
• Ability to manage projects and conflicting priorities;
• Ability to be sensitive to operational issues and understanding customer needs;
• Planning, organizing and time management skills to effectively establish the priority and scheduling of work tasks and projects to ensure work priorities are completed on time and within budget;
• Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills to enable the identification of issues and making sound decisions to determine appropriate courses of action for achieving long-range organizational goals.
About C&W Services
A leader in facilities services with over 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world’s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people.
Why C&W Services?
· Weekly Pay
· Comprehensive Benefits that start on day 1
· Advance opportunities
· Training to work in a cutting-edge facility
· A safety first culture
Visit our website at: https://careers.cushmanwakefield.com/cwservices/global/en
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply at: Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org