Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Museum Campus Facilities Manager - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Role: Facilities Executive
Apply at: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hy2rg77kkgk726fs
Museum Campus Facilities Manager
The Ringling College Museum Campus occupies the original site of the historic Sarasota High School. The Museum Campus houses the Sarasota Art Museum, the Osher Lifelong Learning program, and courses within the School of Continuing Studies. The Museum Campus will interweave exhibitions, educational programs, and community outreach. The Museum Campus Facilities Manager will supervise and manage the workflow of maintaining the Museum Campus site.
The MC Facilities Manger will prioritize and complete daily work requests that include minor maintenance and repair issues as required and applicable to the skills of the available technicians. The Facilities Manager will act independently to perform preventive maintenance routines on selected equipment and will have oversight on all contracted services including; compliance issues, custodial services, grounds maintenance, HVAC, special events and special projects. The Facilities Manager will also inspect all service work to ensure quality and compliance issues are achieved while providing ongoing support to all building occupants and users as required.
The Facilities Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations and Maintenance at the main Ringling College Campus and will coordinate with them for additional or specialized maintenance and operations services.
This position will assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs that can make the necessary changes for the effective functioning and upkeep of the department while meeting both present and future needs of all areas operated by the Ringling College of Art + Design.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Working knowledge of carpentry, HVAC, MEP, special events, special projects, grounds and the custodial services including equipment, applications, procedures, and safety.
2. Ability to work independently using judgment and discretion to complete job duties, projects, and assignments.
3. Must possess a high level of interpersonal and human relations skills; ability to interact appropriately with a wide variety of personality types.
4. Ability to plan, organize, assign and coordinate the activities of subordinate staff.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Effective proven analytical and decision-making ability.
7. Working knowledge of computer hardware and software required to perform the duties of the position. Software knowledge includes a minimum of intermediate experience with Building Automation Systems.
This position comes into regular contact with co-workers and supervisors along with occasional and casual contact with visitors, students, staff members, faculty, etc. while performing the duties of the job; position requires a criminal background check. This position requires advanced knowledge of proper usage for a variety of power equipment and tools, which are learned on the job and through required training. This job requires physical abilities such as trunk strength, manual dexterity, and wrist-finger movement.
• High School Diploma or the equivalent in education, training, and experience, which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Three years` experience working in a Museum, higher education institution, or similar type facilities
• Valid Florida Driver`s License
• Experience as a Facilities Manager in a Museum, higher education institution or similar type of facilities.
• Associates degree in either a Technical discipline, Facilities Management or Business related field.
• Certification in Facilities Management (FM) as proven by a certificate in FM from a college-level institution or technical school or current FM credentials from an association, such as APPA, IFMA or BOMI.
• Certification OSHA 10.
Open until filled. Apply on line https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer