- Facility Maintenance Lead »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Maintenance Mechanic 3 »
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic »
Facility Maintenance Lead - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Role: Maintenance and Cleaning
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Myriad Gardens
Myriad Botanical Gardens is one of Oklahoma City’s most beautiful and vibrant destinations offering visitors a 15-acre natural escape in the heart of downtown. Free and open to the public, the outdoor spaces include Park House Event Center, ornamental gardens, a children’s garden and playground, Great Lawn, lake, an off-leash dog park, water features including splash fountains for children and walking and jogging paths. Seasonal attractions include a winter ice rink and outdoor café.
The centerpiece of the Myriad is the Crystal Bridge Conservatory, home to thousands of beautifully displayed tropical and desert plantings. The Crystal Bridge also includes a visitor center, classroom, offices and event rental spaces.
The Facility Maintenance Lead is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the facility equipment, which involves ensuring a clean and well-maintained environment in equipment areas. One focus is proper maintenance of all water features and ventilation systems on the facility. Responsible for directing activities of the maintenance department and staff. Assists the Director with equipment record keeping, part ordering and scheduling. In the absent of the Director, the Facility Maintenance Lead is responsible for all the activities of the Facilities Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prioritize, manage, complete, and quality assess facilities needs and requirements entered through Myriad’s facilities online work order management system.
• Execute all work in accordance with organizational policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, etc.
• Perform maintenance tasks, prioritize, and delegate tasks to staff.
• Work requires obtaining written estimates for projects.
• Prepare reports, material lists and correspondence.
• Conduct routine tests and clean water features.
• Coordinates with management to ensure all facilities are properly maintained and setup for events.
• Participate in regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff; maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible for equipment assigned to them. Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
• Repairs a variety of electrical, plumbing, building, and facility structures, fixtures, and systems.
• Monitors inventory; receives, stores, and distributes supplies and equipment; notifies the Director if supplies, equipment or materials are low or depleted.
• Planning responsibilities include scheduling meetings with other departments, estimating material, labor costs, and time of completion.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma with trade school or college preferred.
• Minimum of one-year water feature maintenance and electrical training is a must.
• Three years of related facility maintenance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Good understanding of chiller operations and pump lift stations.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
• Good word processing skills; must have moderate skills with MS Office, especially Excel.
• Experience in use of standard office equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Pool/Spa Operator issue by Health Department required. If candidate does not possess this certification, will be required to obtain it within 180 days of employment.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Work requires the ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as well as basic algebra.
• Work requires analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties.
• Work requires the exercise of independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards and precedents.
• Engage with others inside and outside of the organization to achieve goals.
• May be involved in decision-making or providing approval authority for purchases or projects.
• Working with various agencies, vendors, and suppliers for purchases, supplies, or products.
• The ability to work outdoors in all seasons.
• Ability to handle deadlines.
• Handle emergency situations as needed.
• Frequent change of tasks.
• Ability to work some evenings/weekends if needed.
• Performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Working closely with others as part of a team.
Additional Job Requirements
Clearance of background check.
Work takes place both indoors, in an office, and outside in all weather conditions. May be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts and chemicals. Some locations visited during the course of executing job duties may not be wheelchair accessible.
• Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to talk, hear, see, and communicate with others.
• Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 100 pounds.
• Must be able to walk from office building to Garden facility. Terrain may be uneven.
Eligible for health, dental, life insurance, vision, long-term disability, voluntary life, accident coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Careers@myriadgardens.org. You will be contacted only if considered for an initial phone or in-person interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employer does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Apply at: email@example.com