- Ca. Dept. Of Public Health- Chief Engineer II »
- Building Automation Systems Manager »
- Director of University Housing for Facilities »
- Facilities Property Coordinator »
- Facility Manager Nome Alaska »
Admin Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds - Facilities Management Job Post
Type: full time
Role: Facilities Executive
Apply at: http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html
Job Title: Administrative Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds Level 2, Provisional - Multiple Positions
Job ID: 22339
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This is a classified managerial position with four (4) assignment levels. Levels are based upon size of staff and campus:
Under general direction, with wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative, oversees and is responsible for areas such as: cleaning, operating, maintaining, repairing and making improvements to the physical plant and grounds of a campus; the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the campus facilities; reviewing of repair/service requests and making inspections; establishing preventive maintenance plans and standards; the implementation of campus sustainability and energy saving measures; and dealing with outside vendors, contractors, federal, state, local and other entities.
- Assists in, or in the absence his/her supervisor, performs higher level administrative assignments and supervision of staff to ensure the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the plant, mechanical equipment and grounds.
- Serves as a principal assistant to a higher level college executive in one or more areas, such as the cleaning, operation, maintenance, repair and improvements of the physical plant and grounds of a community or senior college.
- Prepares the annual budget for the operation and maintenance of the college buildings and grounds under his/her control.
- Directs buildings and grounds staff in all repair, maintenance, and improvements involving major and minor alterations; directs staff in operation of plant, mechanical equipment and grounds.
- Trains staff in proper procedures involving equipment operation and safety procedures.
- Establishes work standards and procedures.
- Evaluates repair and service requests and makes inspections to determine the need for actual and preventive maintenance.
- Oversees operation and repair of vehicle fleet.
- Plans for the direction the rehabilitation, improvement, and repair work involving alterations to buildings and grounds, such as painting, electrical work, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning plant repairs, plumbing, masonry work, carpentry, gardening, and horticulture work .
- Requisitions, distributes and inspects materials, tools and equipment needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Reviews finished work, time spent, and material used for assigned projects.
- Ensures that waste is properly sorted for recycling or disposal and disposed in the proper manner.
- Is responsible for the proper removal of toxic waste under Environmental Health & Safety Office guidelines.
- Coordinates proper storage of toxic and flammable materials- allots proper space and containers if necessary.
- Assists in making surveys for cost estimates, and checks contractual work in progress for conformance with specifications and blue- prints.
- Contracts for maintenance services agreements and ensures adherence to bid specifications; approves payments.
- Is responsible for guaranteeing adherence to bid specifications and approving payments.
- Prepares bid specification for the performance work by contractors for the rehabilitation, improvement, and repair of buildings and grounds, including areas such as painting, electrical work, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning plant repairs, plumbing, masonry work, carpentry, gardening, and horticulture work.
- Develops and oversees preventive maintenance plans and standards.
- Plans for and directs the rehabilitation, improvement, and repair work involving alterations to buildings and grounds, such as painting, electrical work, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning plant repairs, plumbing, masonry work, carpentry, gardening, and horticulture work or prepares bid specifications for the performance of such work by contractors.
- Guides and oversees the implementation of campus sustainability and energy saving measures.
- Acts as a college representative with outside vendors, contractors, federal, state, local and other entities.
Administrative Superintendent Buildings-Grounds
1. A Baccalaureate degree in a related field of study from an accredited college and four years of related experience of which two years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience dealing with a large staff, in the management and/or operation and maintenance of buildings and grounds such as large hotels educational complexes large office buildings large building or hospital complexes, large gardens or parks; OR
2. A valid New York State Registration as an architect and 3 years of related experience of which 1 year must be full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in “1” above; OR
3. A valid New York State professional engineers license and 3 years of related experience of which 1 year must be full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in “1” above; OR
4. A valid New York City High Pressure Boiler Operating Engineers license, a four year high school diploma or its equivalent, and six years of related experience of which four years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in “1” above; OR
5. A four year high school diploma or GED and 8 years of related experience of which 4 years must be progressive full-time managerial/administrative experience as described in “1” above; OR
NOTE: An advanced degree in a managerial field from an accredited college may be substituted for an additional year of managerial/administrative experience.
Commensurate with qualification and experience ($66,212- $85,000).
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website (http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Apply at: http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html