- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
Legionella: ASHRAE Standard To Target Water Systems
ASHRAE will continue developing a standard to establish safe management practices for building water systems, targeting Legionella and other waterborne pathogens, chemicals and physical hazards. Global public health organization NSF International recently transferred facilitation of NSF Standard 444, Minimizing Risk of Disease and Injury Associated with Building Water Systems, to ASHRAE to complete the process and publish it as ASHRAE Standard 514. ASHRAE Standard 514 will build on Standard 188 and Standard 444Standard 188 focuses on Legionella, offering guidance on the implementation of water management programs in buildings, and Standard 444 provides methodology covering the prevention of injury and disease from Legionella. Click here for more information.