- Facilities Utility Specialist »
- Operating Engineer »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
Study Explores Environmental Cleaning for Containing MRSA
February 17, 2017 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
A new study has examined the efficacy of different approaches for cleaning environmental surfaces, according to an article on the Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality website.
They examined whole room cleaning and wipe cleaning of touched surfaces.
Insights from the study included:
• Whole room cleaning just before first patient care activities of the day was more effective than whole room cleaning at other times
• Frequent wipe cleaning of touched surfaces was more effective than whole room cleaning
This Quick Read was submitted by Cathryn Jakicic, Healthcare Industries Editor, Facilities.net.