- Career Opportunity- Maximize Your HVAC Skills »
- Director of Facilities »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
You Might Like
OSHA Unveils New Pandemic Flu Guidance for Health Care
The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has unveiled new safety and health guidance that are designed to help health care workers and their employers prepare for a possible influenza pandemic.
A comprehensive resource for health care planners and practitioners, the new guidance offers information and tools to assist the industry in preparing for and responding to an influenza pandemic. It includes:
* technical information on infection control and industrial hygiene practices to reduce the risk of infection in health care settings
* workplace preparations and planning issues
* OSHA standards that have special importance to pandemic preparedness planners and responders in the industry.
Specifically, the guidance provides a range of information and tools helpful to pandemic planners, including internet resources, communication tools, sample infection control programs, and self-triage and home care resources. It also offers how-to advice on diagnosis and treatment of staff during a pandemic, developing planning and supply checklists, and risk communication.
Should a pandemic occur, OSHA will furnish up-to-date information and guidance to the public through its web site, www.pandemicflu.gov .