You Might Like
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA »
- JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
New Version of Green Guide for Health Care Launched
An updated version of the Green Guide for Health Care has been recently released, marking the end of the pilot program.
The Green Guide for Health Care, the first and only sustainable design toolkit tailored to the health care industry, launched a new updated version that includes more tips and tools for adding healing design features, energy and water efficiency strategies, and safer materials to the health care setting.
The Green Guide Version 2.2 marks the end of the Pilot program and the next step in the Green Guide’s evolution. The third release since its inception in December 2003, Version 2.2 is the most significant revision of the
Construction section to date.
Major innovations of Version 2.2 include:
- Expanded attention to establishing a connection to the natural world through places of respite.
- A more comprehensive Water Efficiency section.
- Greater emphasis on promoting renewable energy, both on-site and off-site.
- Establishing a correlation between building material content and emissions.
- An expanded approach to mercury elimination in building equipment and fluorescent lamps.
- Holistic approaches to acoustic design and lighting design for circadian rhythm in the health care environment.
The Green Guide is a voluntary, self-certifying best practices toolkit based on an organizational structure borrowed by agreement from the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Building Rating System (LEED).