You Might Like
- Gen. Mngr. Fac. Mngmt. Oklahoma City »
- Senior Manager of Facilities, Project Management »
- Facilities Manager »
- Asst. Vice President, Facilities & Operations »
- W.L. Gore - Electrical Engineer »
New ANSI-Approved Retail Measurement Standard
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has released a new measurement standard that provides a uniform methodology for computing, communicating and comparing the measurement of shopping centers, providing an unequivocal direct measure of the physical size of the floor area of a retail building.
The standard, Retail Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.5-2010), offers three measurement methods:
- Construction gross area. Includes the area defined as exterior gross area, as well as other areas that have a structural floor or are covered by a roof or canopy that are typically enclosed but within the building perimeter.
- Exterior gross area. The total of all the enclosed floor areas of all floors of a building contained within their measure lines.
- Gross leasable area. The total enclosed floor area designed for the exclusive use of an occupant, including any basements, mezzanines or upper floors.