- Facility Maintenance Manager »
- CCC-Public Works Field Ops Manager »
- Mgr, Facility Operations & Outsource Contract »
- Implementation Consultants - Multiple Roles »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
Google Readies Record Corporate PV Array
The project includes 197,000 square feet of PV cells installed at the company's Mountain View, Calif., Googleplex, according to EI Solutions, which is handling the project. Home to the servers that drive the search engine, the Mountain View campus uses an enormous amount of energy.
The PV system will be installed on rooftops and over parking lots, and generate 1.6 MW of electricity, according to EI Solutions. The system is predicted to save more than $393,000 in annual electricity costs, which will translate into a savings of $15 million over the 30-year lifespan of the solar system.
The payback is estimated to be 7.5 years.