- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
- Building Maintenance Technician »
- JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
Hurricanes: Resources for Response and Recovery
September 14, 2018 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
As Hurricane Florence moves inland after making landfall along the coast of the Carolinas, facility managers in institutional and commercial facilities in its path continued to deal with high winds, heavy rains and major destruction. They also are assessing their facilities’ plans related to preparing for and recovering from a hurricane.
Government agencies and industry associations are offering managers a host of resources designed to help facilities safely and effectively recover and return to operation as quickly as possible. Here is a sampling of these resources:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers resources for preparation and recovery , as well as general info on dealing with natural disasters and severe weather.
- The Energy Information Administration is marking real-time energy disruptions resulting from the hurricane.
- The Federal Emergency Management Administration offers up-to-date resources and information on the federal response to Hurricane Florence.
- The National Energy Management Association is offering a storm reconstruction toolkit.
- The National Fire Protection Association provides information on electrical safety during and after a hurricane.
- The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health provides links to information about hazards associated with storm and flood cleanup.
- The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration offers a range of resources on hurricane preparation and response.