Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Facility Maintenance Lead »
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic »
- Maintenance Mechanic 3 »
- ELECTRICIAN »
Virtual Spreadsheet Helps Facility Managers Observe Building Asset Performance - Xyicon - Facility Management Product Release
Xyicon, a provider of innovative software solutions, harnessed its expertise in visualizing and managing a myriad of devices and equipment for highperformance buildings and other modern facilities with SpaceRunner — a new webbased application that serves as a visual spreadsheet for the many different things associated with any floor plan, location map or building image.
SpaceRunner equips building operators and facility managers to think outside the spreadsheet by displaying equipment, assets, and related data for any space. SpaceRunner incorporates powerful Xyicons — smart, locationspecific icons — that make it easy for facility operations teams and thirdparty service providers to:
– Empower any user who struggles with manual spreadsheets and conventional paper floor plans to map and manage physical assets in the cloud.
– Provide users with an easytouse software application that gives equipment details to keep complex, multielement projects organized, managed, and maintained.
– Enable collaboration among people and teams with a webbased central repository of spaces and things
“Today’s building, facility, and property managers are faced with deploying and managing an incredible amount of equipment,” says Xyicon, CEO and Founder Jason Chavez. “These professionals typically struggle to maintain multiple, detailed spreadsheets and conventional paper floor plans for highperformance buildings, multitenant communities and other large facilities. To keep pace with the complexity of the modern era, a new generation of software tools is needed. SpaceRunner allows users to map out and tag a space with smart icons representing equipment or assets placed on X and Y coordinates. These ‘Xyicons’ are dynamic data containers that enable any building operator or facility manager to harness the power of SpaceRunner and join the ‘Internet of Things’ revolution.”
For more insights on the products, technology, benefits and challenges of the Building Internet of Things, visit www.FacilitiesNet.com/IoT
- BIM Software As A Facility Management Tool
- CMMS: The Benefits of Maintenance Management Software
- Facility Maintenance Software: Finding The Right CMMS Solution
- Making a CMMS Software System Work Over the Long Term
- What Is A CMMS? A Concise CMMS Definition
- Overcoming Resistance to CMMS Upgrades
- CMMS Specification To Ensure the 'Right' Fit
- Turning Software Problems into Solutions and Success
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things
- Asset Data Management: Four Software Solutions
- BIM Use Can Reduce Construction Costs