Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Ultraviolet Light System Helps Eliminate Contaminants in Water, Ice Dispensers - Fresh-Aire UV - Facility Management Product Release
Fresh-Aire UV, a manufacturer of ultraviolet (UV) light disinfection for HVAC and ice machine equipment, has introduced the industry’s first UV light system designed for eliminating unhealthy, maintenance-intensive biological contaminants in healthcare industry compact countertop ice flakers and water dispensers.
The dark and moist interiors of nursing station countertop ice flakers’ create an optimal environment for unsanitary slime, mold, bacteria and virus growth that may result in contaminated patient ice and failed health code inspections.
However, the Ice UV Mini’s proven ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) light technology works silently 24/7 eliminating slime and other biological contaminants from condensate drains and other countertop ice and water dispenser interiors. Six-month-long healthcare field studies have demonstrated successful slime elimination.
Fresh-Aire UV's unique 254-nanometer UV-C lamp has a specially-designed low intensity discharge that won't damage sensitive ice flaker plastic or metal internal parts. It offers a healthier, ozone-free alternative to toxic, odorous and corrosive cleaning chemicals.
The Ice UV Mini fits the tight, confined interiors of most flaker brands/models and consists of a 9-inch length by 3/8th-inch diameter UV lamp, and a compact 6-by-1.5 by 1.1-inch high, 120-VAC hard-wired power supply.
The Ice UV Mini delivers an immediate payback, because contractor/maintenance department and material/installation costs are significantly lower than the hundreds of dollars charged each time an ice dispenser is conventionally cleaned.
Other Ice UV Mini features are:
· prevention of internal ice dispenser slime;
· interlocked door shut-off switch for safety;
· quick installation of less than 30-minutes;
· Teflon-coated lamps help prevent accidental breakage;
· and lifetime unlimited warranty on all parts except the one-year warranty lamp.
- Addressing Air Handler Upgrade Challenges
- How Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Improve HVAC Energy Efficiency
- Properly Sizing Chillers for Improved Energy Efficiency
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation
- Achieving Thermal Comfort Depends on Variability