Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
- Director of College Facilities »
- Building Services Officer »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
Training program - Applied Industrial Technologies - Facility Management Product Release
The Motors & Drives Fundamentals course offers the fundamentals of alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) motor theory, including single- and three-phase induction motors, synchronous motors, magnetic motor starters, controller fundamentals, reduced voltage starters, DC controllers, and variable-frequency drives. Lectures and lab demonstrations use actual motor controls and teach the fundamentals of troubleshooting faults. After completing this course, participants will be able to describe the operation of AC and DC motors and drives, as well as identify main faults and troubleshoot motors and variable-speed drives.
- One K-12 District's Lessons and Benefits from Geothermal Systems
- FM's Role in Sustainable HVAC Planning
- Head of the Class: Specifying and Installing Geothermal Systems
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation