- Sr. Facilities Project Manager, Construction »
- Facilities Manager »
- Director of Facilities Management »
- Building Assistant »
- Senior Building Maintenance Mechanic - 955 »
Machine Room-Less Elevator Helps Facilities Save on Space - Kone - Facility Management Product Release
Kone introduced a renewed elevator product to the U.S. and Canadian markets. Kone MonoSpace 500, a machine room-less (MRL) elevator, was developed to make the best better, improving on the company's current Kone EcoSpace and Kone MonoSpace solutions. Twenty years ago, Kone pioneered the revolutionary machine room-less elevator. Today, Kone is an industry leader with hundreds of thousands of installed units worldwide. MRL technology eliminates the need for a machine or control room by attaching the hoisting machine to the guide rail, and placing all control and logic components within the confines of the hoist way.
"At Kone, we continue to introduce new products that improve People Flow, energy efficiency, and above all, safe and smooth travel for customers within buildings," says Larry Wash, executive vice president for Kone Americas. "Kone MonoSpace 500 is proof of that commitment. We're very excited to begin selling our latest machine room-less elevator for our North American customers."
Benefits of the Kone MonoSpace 500 include greater eco-efficiency, better ride comfort and innovative design options, making the solution ideal for both new and existing low to mid-rise buildings up to 15 stories. Increased energy efficiencies are attained through Kone's regenerative drive technology, which recycles energy for immediate reuse within a building, and allowing elevator energy consumption to be reduced by up to 20 percent. In addition, Kone leverages modern LED lighting to further improve efficiencies, as LED is up to 80 percent more efficient and lasts up to 10 times longer than traditional halogen lighting.
Creating Design and Comfort Options Kone MonoSpace 500 offers a more comfortable ride for passengers. Kone's renewed braking and machinery means a quiet and safe ride for passengers. Additionally, centralized, low-friction hoisting cuts noise and vibration, making for an enjoyable passenger experience.
For designers, Kone has a tremendous selection of materials and accessories. With the Kone MonoSpace 500 product, customers will choose from three design themes and dozens of options to create a unique look and feel in any building.
- Eliminating In-Cab Elevator Controls
- Maintenance Tips For Elevator Controls
- What The Elevator Code Says About Fires
- Strategies to Improve Elevator Energy Efficiency
- Understanding Proposed Changes to NYC Elevator Code
- Elevator and Escalator Innovations Play Role in Pandemic Recovery
- 10 Steps to Prepare Elevators for Hazardous Weather
- AC Motors One Way to Cut Elevators’ Energy Use
- Are Elevators the Next Smart Items for Facility and Maintenance Managers?