- Facilities Director »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
Integrated Rack - Siemens - Facility Management Product Release
Siemens’ VelociRack is the next generation in data center design for intelligent systems. The integrated rack solution contains high-density automation components, battery backup, networking, software and physical security. Equipment in the rack is suitable for data center white space environmental automation, AHU control, and central plant control, and is also designed to support an integrated test process suitable for factory acceptance and/or factory witness testing (FWT).
Because the automation is integrated into the rack assembly, the integrated rack solution eliminates the need for valuable wall space. Siemens integrated rack solution and its integrated test process (for Level I FWT) can compress installation and commissioning schedules to meet scalability demands and improve quality while reducing risk.
• is preassembled and wired in a factory setting, helping ensure a high-quality installation that is not affected by on-site construction delays.
• is equipped with plug-in terminal blocks ready to connect to field wiring. This eases the connection to field devices and speeds up the installation process.
• reduces the build cycle significantly, helping minimize potential time delays and capital outlays.
The patent-pending Siemens VelociRack is UL 60950,UL 2416, and UL 916 listed; supports A/B power; and includes:
• Siemens’ data center management software
• High density automation with more than 300 physical IO points
• BACnet, Modbus, SNMP, OPC protocol support
• Transformers and relays for field panel and field device power and interlocks
• Integrated rack card access and video surveillance
- 3 Common Critical Cooling Problems
- How to Reduce Energy Use in Legacy Data Centers
- 5 Areas of UPS Failure to Look Out For
- 5 Steps To Evaluating Sites For Critical Facilities
- Air Management 101 for Data Centers
- Airflow Is Management Key To Controlling Data Center Energy Costs