Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Heating/Cooling Software - Flomerics - Facility Management Product Release
Flomerics’ Version 7 Flovent computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software for simulating heating and cooling in buildings uses a 3D surface for the design space, enabling engineers to visualize the complete interaction of the design parameters.
Users begin the optimization process by defining design goals in the form of a “cost function.” The cost function may be a single, simple value such as the temperature at a particular point, or a complex linear combination of values including weighting. Flovent automatically creates and runs the required number of simulations to explore the entire design space in the most cost-effective way. The software’s optimization module then generates a “response surface” showing the value of the design goals for all the combinations of variables that were run. The response surface can be viewed through either a 2D or 3D chart.
The ability to visualize the entire design envelope and the response surface improves design insight and intuition, according to the company. Common real-world applications of the process include: optimizing the placement of air handling equipment such as diffusers and louvers; optimizing cooling in data centers and IT rooms; or optimizing glazing or building fabric.
- BIM Software As A Facility Management Tool
- CMMS: The Benefits of Maintenance Management Software
- Facility Maintenance Software: Finding The Right CMMS Solution
- Making a CMMS Software System Work Over the Long Term
- What Is A CMMS? A Concise CMMS Definition
- Maximizing CMMS To Meet Evolving Needs
- University Taps into Facility Data To Improve Maintenance
- Is the As-A-Service Model Right For You?
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things
- Asset Data Management: Four Software Solutions
- BIM Use Can Reduce Construction Costs