- Executive Director of Facilities & Operations »
- Mechanical Maintenance Manager »
- Sr. Building Systems Engineer »
Heat Exchanger - Danfoss Building & Comfort Controls - Facility Management Product Release
Brazed plate heat exchangers from Danfoss are tailored for refrigeration and air conditioning systems, and can be customized for specific application requirements.
Each heat exchanger consists of a series of thin, corrugated metal plates that are brazed together to improve heat transfer efficiency. The plates are compressed together in a rigid frame to create an arrangement of parallel flow channels, in which one high-viscosity fluid travels through the odd-numbered channels, and the other high-viscosity fluid flows through the even.
The company offers 15 brazed plate heat exchanger models. Each model is compactly designed and combines high efficiency with energy-saving qualities.
Model B3-048 is designed with different corrugation depth on the same plate. With a capacity of 30 â€“ 80 kW, this model allows a larger water flow rate, lower pressure rate drop and lower refrigerant charge. Model B3-260 is designed for use with HVAC and chillers. And, for air driers and chillers, Danfoss recommends models B3-014, B3-027 and B3-136. The entire range of brazed plate heat exchangers can also be used for heat pumps, economizers, de-superheaters and numerous other applications.
- Operations and Maintenance Considerations for Peak Boiler Efficiency
- Tool for Maximizing Boiler and Water Heater Efficiency
- For HVAC Efficiency, Reach Higher Than the Low-Hanging Fruit
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation