Geothermal, Water-Sourced Heat Pumps Achieve AHRI Certification - Modine Manufacturing Co. - Facility Management Product Release
Modine’s geothermal and water-sourced heat pump systems have earned the trusted AHRI Certified mark, an assurance of the product’s performance.
AHRI certification of HVACR equipment is a demonstration of objective, trusted third-party performance. Certified products undergo rigorous, independent annual evaluation to ensure that they perform according to the manufacturers’ published claims — allowing end-users to compare products objectively.
Modine’s geothermal and water-sourced heat pump systems now also offer an enhanced control platform. The robust controller has served the manufacturer’s school systems and commercial ventilation product lines for more than a decade. All of the systems — from 1.5-12 tons — now feature the proven Modine Control System, providing quick start-up, easy safety device wiring, multiple inputs and outputs, BACnet IP/Eth, BACnet MSTP and Lon capability and easy troubleshooting.
The Energy Star-rated light commercial geothermal product line includes water-to-water, water-to-air, and split unit/air-handling systems; all use R410A refrigerant.
Standard features include ECM fan motors, scroll compressors (dual speed on most units), MERV 13 air filters, oversized heat exchangers and a 10-year limited warranty.
• Water-to-water residential and light commercial models are available in reversible and non-reversible sizes from 3-12-ton sizes.
• Water-to-air models range in size from 1.5-6-ton units in both vertical and horizontal configurations.
• Split system/air-handling systems, from 2-6-tons, are well-suited for new and retrofit applications.
- How to Plan HVAC Systems for Long-Term Performance
- Understanding Options for HVAC Technician Training
- Cleaning Strategies for Healthy Workplaces During Coronavirus Pandemic
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation