Alerts and timely updates on education and technologies to help facilities management professionals
Firestop Discs Install Quickly and Easily - Hilti - Facility Management Product Release
With Hilti Firestop cable disc CFS-D1", installing firestop around cable bundles is easier and more cost effective. The Hilti Firestop cable disc accommodates cable bundles up to 1 inch in diameter in regular and irregular openings. The pre-formed firestop solution features a highly adhesive back and collar-type design that can be surface mounted in 10 seconds or less, without the use of additional tools, backfill or sealant. And, the discs can be installed across a broad range of base materials, including drywall, concrete and wood.
The Hilti Firestop cable disc is suitable for sealing through penetrations for low-voltage cables, mid-voltage cables and low voltage bundles. It also can accommodate metal pipes and conduits up to 3/4-inches in diameter.
The Hilti Firestop cable discs come packaged with 32 pieces per box and have a shelf life of up to 24 months.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- Special Attention Required for Fire Doors and Door Hardware Selection
- Regular Inspections and Testing Keep Fire Sprinklers Working Properly
- Valve Problems, Water Quality Can Affect Fire Sprinkler Functionality
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA